Easy to make, low calorie, and the perfect way to sneak in some veggies!
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 c flour (or more, as needed. May use rice flour for Gluten Free Fritters)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan (may use Nutritional Yeast for Dairy Free)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Place grated zucchini in a colander over the sink. Add salt and gently toss to combine; let sit for 10 minutes. Using a clean dish towel or cheese cloth, drain zucchini completely.
- In a large bowl, combine zucchini, flour, Parmesan, garlic and egg; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Scoop tablespoons of batter for each fritter, flattening with a spatula, and cook until the underside is nicely golden brown, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook on the other side, about 1-2 minutes longer.