For a super tasty, and lighter, take on Mashed Potatoes, try this Mashed Cauliflower. This Cauliflower made extra creamy and “potato-like”, flavored with Cream Cheese, Parmesan Cheese and Garlic.
Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten Free, Low-Carb
- 2 pound cauliflower separated into florets
- 2 garlic clove whole
- 2 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1/2 teaspoon flat leaf parsley, minced chives and/or thyme
- Set a stockpot of water to boil over high heat.
- Clean and cut cauliflower into small pieces, cutting away hard core on most pieces. Peel garlic. Cook both in boiling water for about 6 minutes, or until well done and very tender. DRAIN WELL; do not let cool and pat cooked cauliflower very dry between several layers of paper towels or CLEAN kitchen towels.
- In a food processor, pulse the hot cauliflower with the cream cheese, Parmesan, cooked garlic, salt, pepper, parsley and butter until almost smooth, using pulses to start. Alternatively, the cauliflower can be mashed with a potato masher or a fork, for a chunkier texture.
- Taste and season more as necessary. Serve with a sprinkling of parsley or your favorite herbs.