It seems like the information out there is changing daily, leading to so much uncertainty. I feel it constantly too. But I know that we can get through this by supporting each other! Below are both details on service delivery and the steps we’re taking to maintain safe and sanitary practices.
We continue to provide our clients with in-home meal preparation services, as long as they are healthy (and we are too). However, in order to respect the need to “socially distance” ourselves, we now have two additional service options:
- Instead of cooking for you IN your home, we are offering our clients the ability to pick up their meals from our favorite wine shop, The Wine Cellar. Located at 525 NW Saltzman in Portland, they have a commercial kitchen space that is currently not being used by anyone else. It is ours to use for our clients, if they so desire. Using this space instead of your own would incur an additional $125 charge (the same fee I am charged), but would only require a quick pick up of the food, which will be packaged and boxed, ready for pickup. And while you are at it, let me know if you wish to add a delicious bottle – or case! – of wine to your pick up order, as The Wine Cellar has many AMAZING options to choose from! Please let me know ahead of time if this is something you wish to do, so I can make sure that our team is not working on top of each other.
- Additionally, if you want to avoid the grocery store, and need a few items, we would be happy to pick those up for you. We can pick up 5 items or less FOR FREE, while we pick up items for your service. If you are interested in having someone do more extensive grocery shopping for you, please contact me to discuss the rates associated with this service. BUT PLEASE… DO NOT SEND US ON HUNTS FOR TP! 😉
For those of you who have experienced the lack of product at the grocery stores, we are doing our best to provide you with a delicious menu. Sometimes, we find ourselves improvising more than usual, based on product availability. But we will deliver delicious meals, no matter what!
And lastly, we continue to practice very diligent sanitation practices, ensuring that our prepared meals are safe for you and your family.
Additional Precautions for all Ready, Set, Eat Services during the Covid-19 Pandemic:
Our chefs are still serving clients during this trying time. We are happy to navigate the chaotic grocery stores for you and prepare healthful, delicious meals so life indoors can be easier!
Depending on our client’s situation and comfort level, we are cooking both in-home and at The Wine Cellar’s commercial kitchen for pick-up. (As a bonus, delicious bottles of wine can be picked up at the same time, for a one-stop-shop!) In either case, we continue to be in communication with our client as to the health of everyone involved. As well, we are taking extra steps to ensure that the meal preparation process is as safe as possible for all involved. These additional steps include:
- Wearing gloves and masks while grocery shopping
- Taking precautions with what we touch, including keys, car surfaces, pens, lists, files, etc. We sanitize and resanitize our hands on a regular basis while out and about.
- Wearing gloves and mask while meal prepping for you (either at the Wine Cellar Kitchen or in your home)
- Wiping down each item brought from the store, after sterilizing your countertops, to ensure clean/sterile surfaces.
- Washing all produce thoroughly with produce wash and giving it a thorough rinse.
- Resanitizing all meal preparation surfaces after cooking.
Many of these steps are ones we already used in our daily processes, but a little extra time helps maintain everyone’s safety! And as an added bonus, we can pick up five additional items at the store for you (need milk, juice, etc?), with no added labor charge, (only the cost of the groceries themselves).
We hope these options help you during this time and that we continue to work together to ensure you have individually prepared, delicious meals for you and your family.
All the Best,
Ready, Set, Eat!